WELCOME VIRTUAL BLOOD DRIVE COORDINATOR!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a virtual blood drive coordinator. Community blood drives are essential to providing lifesaving blood for patients—over half of the blood Vitalant collects comes from coordinator-sponsored blood drives. That’s why your decision to host a virtual blood drive is vital to patients. Blood cannot be artificially made; it must come from volunteer donors.
We understand that not everyone who wants to host a blood drive has a suitable location, however. Virtual blood drives are a convenient way for anyone to host a drive, anywhere in Vitalant’s geographic regions across the U.S. Virtual blood drives enable groups of all types and sizes to get involved in saving lives in their community – new hosts and existing hosts. You can even use a virtual blood drive to supplement an in-person blood drive.
The benefits of a virtual blood drive include:
- Virtual blood drives are a hyperlink unique to the host organization, making it easy to track donor participation.
- No site required. Encourage donors to visit any Vitalant donation center or community blood drive across the U.S.
- Fewer logistical details to manage.
- You can recruit donors regardless of their physical location, as long as there’s a Vitalant donation center or blood drive in their area.
- People can donate at any Vitalant location, where and when it’s most convenient for them.
Interested in hosting a virtual blood drive? Start today by contacting your Vitalant representative or visiting vitalant.org/blooddrive.
Ready to get started on your virtual blood drive? We’ve prepared a number of tools to help you lead your virtual blood drive. To help you rally your donors and secure their commitment to donate, Vitalant has developed these marketing and educational materials.
Educational Information and Forms:
Need materials to help educate your donors about blood donation? Check out these pages.
- Explaining blood donation
- Eligibility information
- COVID-19 and blood donation
- Minor donor permission and other forms
- Health history questionnaire
- Donation center locations
Still have questions? Contact your donor recruiter or call our main number: 877-258-4825 (877-25-VITAL)